Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food

Friday, July 30, 2010

17 Short Beautiful Love Poems

*** Views today: 18,704 and Thank You!

*** Enjoy some beautiful short poems about our favorite subject: Love - from classic poets of the past as well as today. Many are perfect for use in a greeting card.






The most precious possession that ever comes
To a man in this world
Is a woman's heart.
- Josiah G. Holland

And think not you can
Direct the course of love,
For love,
If it finds you worthy,
Directs your course.
- Gibran Kahlil Gibran

Love is a wonderful thing.
You never have to take it away
From one person to give it to another.
There's always more than enough to go around.
- Pamela de Roy

Love asks me no questions,
And gives me endless support...
- William Shakespeare

I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for their religion -
I have shudder'd at it.
I shudder no more.
I could be martyr'd for my religion
Love is my religion
And I could die for that.
I could die for you.
- John Keats

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature
To stop speech when words become superfluous.
- Ingrid Bergman

Love is like a rumor,
Everyone talks about it,
But no one truly knows.
- Anonymous

Love is like swallowing hot chocolate
Before it has cooled off.
It takes you by surprise at first,
But keeps you warm for a long time.
- Anonymous

My love for you is a journey;
Starting at forever,
And ending at never.
- Anonymous

Love is a haunting melody
That I have never mastered
And I fear I never will.
- William S. Burroughs

A fool in love makes no sense to me.
I only think you are a fool
If you do not love.
- Anonymous

Once in awhile,
Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
Love gives us a fairy tale.
- Anonymous







True poets don't write
Their thoughts with a pen...
They release the ink that flows
From within their heart.
- Anonymous

Love doesn't make the world go round,
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
~ by Elizabeth Browning ~

Love me without fear
Trust me without questioning
Need me without demanding
Want me without restrictions
Accept me without change
Desire me without inhibitions
For a love so free....
Will never fly away.
- Dick Sutphen

Love is a burning desire,
That makes your heart light on fire,
Love is being with you,
Someone saying I love you too,
Love is your tender kiss,
Something you don't want to miss,
Love is you and me,
And that is all I see.
- Anonymous

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself
But if your love and must needs have desires,
Let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook
That sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart
And give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer
For the beloved in your heart
And a song of praise upon your lips.
- Gibran Kahlil Gibran


*** Also, one of my own poem stories about Love:

Walk The World poem - Libations Friday 30 July 2010 - A poem about sharing our life with others - when we are both in need - to receive the greatest gift.


*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!

*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:

The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Related Posts with Thumbnails